Top Six Ways Businesses Use Podcasting
1. Client Lead Generation – Podcasting, like blogging, is a great way to generate leads. Quality podcast content can easily be spread virally by listeners. A business can attract new clients by sharing valuable, expert information to gain brand awareness as a market leader.
2. Brand Building – The content of your productions will advance your company’s brand as the expert in its field as well as create lasting “mindshare” with both existing and potential clients.
3. Training – Businesses use podcasts and SlideCasts™ (think of a narrated PowerPoint presentation) to consistently, quickly and inexpensively train employees, sales reps, support reps, and customers. Consider global sales force training updates as well as customer service and support uses for addressing frequently asked questions.
4. Product Information – Both streaming and downloadable podcast options allow customers access to in-depth information enhancing literature or website text that traditionally accompanies a product launch or product information page.
5. Customer Communication – Publish an audio newsletter or feature segment to communicate regularly with your market and customers. Increase reach by using an audio or multimedia podcast to supplement an existing newsletter.
6. Integrated Online Marketing – In the hands of an experienced online marketing professional, a podcast can effectively cross-sell, enhance, and promote other marketing and communication efforts. As Steve Rucinski sites in his Small Business Trends blog post:
To better serve their audience, small business podcasters will offer additional ways to augment their content such as transcripts or bundled podcasts burned on a CD or even packaged on an iPod. This enables them to continue to serve the listeners and build loyalty for their programs.
These are just a few of the most common ways in which businesses have found value in podcasting. Social media and Internet based communication are growing and changing every day, and companies are finding new and innovative ways to use these media to their advantage.